Monday, February 12, 2007

Stuck in Detroit

I am in the Detroit airport; waiting, waiting, waiting for my flight. Not too bored though as I've got my mac (I'm sitting on the floor typing- in the Detroit airport there is a strict policy against putting power outlets anywhere near seating, there are plenty of outlets and plenty of seats, but never, ever within 20 feet of each other, probably to keep terrorists from checking their email too easily) and there's a reasonable variety of food available and a bookstore near my gate. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for the fact that the food is airport food, and the power outlet vs. comfy chair issue, I might just stay here.

I had such a very good time in Williamstown. It was so great to spend time with M and S. I already miss little S, or TCBitW. I did point out that she'd fit nicely in my backpack but neither of her parents seeemd enthusiastic about the idea.

It was very very cold the whole time I was there, I think the second day I was there might have been the only time it got above freezing. S and I didn't leave the house except to make necessary grocery runs and occassionally take a short walk over to the science building to visit M. It was great though, since being stuck in a houseful of books with a cat and a baby and our computers is pretty much our idea of paradise. To keep myself from making immediate plans for a cross-country move I had to keep reminding myself that this was not real life, and that if I moved there I'd have to actually get a job and leave the house on a regular basis (brrr).

No comments:

Sitemeter