Monday, May 7, 2007

Sketch


I went to my church's women's retreat a few weekends ago. It was at Asilomar, a gorgeous retreat center in Monterey. My room had an ocean view! I had such a great time hanging out with all of the amazing women I know through PBCC.

I & several others were rounded up at the last minute to be in this sketch. We sort-of practiced. Once. Without all the players present.

But it was mostly improv, so it didn't matter much. You can't see them in this picture, but Crysta and Jess M. played it straight as the camera-woman and director. Becca, the ringleader who organized the whole thing, was brilliant as a Doctor (she's in green and white). And Alicia (with the demonically-glowing red eyes) played a somewhat-less-than-concerned mother. I played the part of the sick kid and, as I'm sure was immediately clear from this picture, Julie (red hat) was an ambulance driver shocking me with the sneakers defibrillator paddles. If I look like I'm having convulsions it's because I'm a natural actress who was able to perfectly channel someone who is being shocked back into life Julie is repeatedly and enthusiastically hitting me in the boobs with a pair of shoes.

As my mother would say, "Maybe they'll swell!" We Davenport ladies are optimists.
Flat-chested optimists.

1 comment:

Christine said...

wow! it sounds like you had a lot of fun!! ;D

Sitemeter