Friday, March 21, 2008

Details, details...

I know, I promised, so here's the story (short version, because even I'm tired of the details): I impulsively resigned from my job and failed to look for a new one. I moved out of my apartment and in with some friends who were nice enough to take me in for a bit. I decided to go home for a bit to recoup and psyche myself up for looking for a new place (again), moving (again), and finding a new job. Yippee.

Happy?

Perhaps my lack of enthusiasm is apparent? It's okay, that's just the PMS talking. I'll feel better in a few days. Boy, is Michael lucky he doesn't have to be stuck on a plane for 10 hours with me when I'm in this sort of mood. By Wednesday, when we depart, I should be back to a (somewhat*) normal state.

Michael finds it amusing to proclaim that he is taking a visit to Munchkinland. Apparently this is reference to my (and my relatives') stature or lack thereof. I warned him that my dad has a bb gun but he's unrepentant and in defense of my family's and the entire state of RI's size issues I am going to resort to underhanded smear tactics.



How seriously can you take a man who snuggles with a pink blankie??

This is the Jessica for Prezedent campaign and I approve this message.

For the record, this is totally not a staged photo in which I put Michael up to snuggling with my speshul pink stripey blankie that Sarah made me and then took a picture of him when he wasn't looking.

Also: Isn't he cute?


* Since normal is not a word that is used often to describe me at any time of the month.


5 comments:

Michael said...

Obviously these disrespectful comments and this poorly forged photograph do not represent any of my positions.

I have every respect for the hard-working and patriotic citizens of Rhode Island and it would be beneath me to make slanderous accusations regarding their stature.

It is apparent that these accusations are the product of a vast right-wind conspiracy.

l i s a said...

i was going to leave a comment making some snide remark about jess being worried about taking michael to see her family when she's the scary, blackmailing one.

but i am stuck trying to figure out what a right-wind conspiracy is . . . and wanting to make a joke about how all of jess's family will be "beneath" michael. from one member of a short family to another, that is.

jess said...

True, if he's survived me this far my family should be a breeze!

Anonymous said...

Michael, Michael...obviously you haven't researched RI enough! We are a small, corrupt state, and we NEVER believe people who call us hard-working and patriotic! LOL I mean, we are, but don't be such a blatant kiss-up!

I know that you can't wait to meet me,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

OMG I made that blankie...

(showers in hot water)

Think of the children!!!

-Sarah

Sitemeter