Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Once Again

So I moved today. Yes, again! Why can't I find a new hobby?

I'm back in the town I lived... oh, several moves ago, and I'm trying to settle in as well as I dare knowing that I may well be moving again in a few months. On the plus side- well okay, this place IS the plus side, the only drawback is the possibility that it's temporary. I won't be too disappointed if I end up moving though, 'cause Zachawy is coming to live with me!!! I'm excited about the idea of looking for a place together. It will be the first time in a while I've been able to look for a house/apartment rather than moving into someone else's already-established place.

But even more exciting- the local wild parrot flock flew over my house today! So cool. I'm going to see if I can get them to land in the tree in the backyard by leaving seed out. If you've never heard of wild parrots watch (or read) The Wild Parrots of San Francisco. The documentary is better than the book but they're both interesting if you're a bird-lover. Or even if you're not.

I also started a new job and I really like it. You'll never guess what I'm doing because it's so totally unlike me.* In fact, why don't you guess what my new job is? The last** person to correctly guess in the comments wins... one of the spectacular items that I went to the trouble of moving and then decided I didn't want. In other words, I will send you some old, discarded crap! Don't all rush to comment at once, folks.

*This may or not be sarcasm, I can't tell you because it would give the answer away.

**See how I am tricky like that?

Edited to add: Come on, people! I engage in shameless comment-mongering and I get two comments??! WTF!? (Mom, that means Watch the Furniture) At least I know who my real friends are, sheesh.

Ru and Lisa are apparently the only readers who truly love me. As for the rest of you, I'm just going to pretend you didn't want to win junk from my basement (even though I know that can't be true) and not that you were cruelly ignoring my delicate feelings.




4 comments:

COMomma said...

Dang it - I'm first.

You are a NANNY!

And I need to call you back. I'm not blowing you off, seriously, I just am that overly busy. Is it summer yet?

l i s a said...

something working with kids that requires lots of shots. do you need shots to be a nanny?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....a bus driver. no? ok, ask me if I'm a bus driver.
Lib :)

l i s a said...

it also involves a "workplace." (as in "across the street from bf's fav restaurant"). i'm thinking it might be some kind of childcare center. . .

Sitemeter