Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blog Silence

I'm leaving tomorrow to go back east for the funeral. I won't be posting at least until I get back, maybe not for a while then. It seems appropriate somehow- five days of silence. Five days to honor a life that was joyfully lived even though it was too short.

If you pray, please pray for me. I'm at the end of my rope now and unsure as to how I'm going to manage to be strong for anyone else over the next five days of travel and heartache. Pray for Ann Marie and Rip, for their remaining four children, and their extended families too. If you don't pray, well, do it anyway. Please? It can't hurt, right? Even if you don't believe anyone's listening?

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

As I read your posts about this, my heart stops. The unthinkable--the worst horror of one's imagination--has happened.

I will send all my best energies to the sky for every one of you who is in pain.

Laura said...

I don't pray and don't believe anyone is listening, but after reading your posts last night, I'm doing it anyway. I can imagine the family's pain all too well.

MoziEsmé said...

I'm so sorry. You and your loved ones are in my prayers.

cce said...

So so very sad...I'm deeply, deeply sorry for you and the little boy and all who loved him.

B.J. Porter said...

You know I'm not one to pray, Jess, but my heart goes out to your friends and to you. Hearing things like this always brings home how precious and fragile our children can be. Even without knowing the family reading your words about them makes a pain in my chest.

I can not even begin to imagine their pain or how you heal something like that, but a strong family and caring friends that are there for them are the best start.

I will hug my own children a little longer tonight.

thirtysomething said...

God. How awful. Unimaginable. I will definitley be thinking of this family in thier time of sorrow. Your post was very moving and thought-provoking. Thank you for your visit tp my blog as well. God give you strength as you comfort this family.

okedoke said...

Jess,

I hope your pain will pass with time.

O
from southwest
Also the actual link is www.imagekind.com not indeed late night.

rudecactus said...

I'm not a praying guy but I'll send good positive thoughts.

Sarah said...

I'm not a pray-er either but I did for this family and will some more...I can't even imagine and don't really want to. It's too horrible.

jess said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. It meant a lot to me and it was really nice for the family to know that so many people they don't even know were thinking of them.

Sitemeter