Monday, July 7, 2008

Numbers

I've spent the last week cat-sitting for a total of five cats in two houses, twenty miles apart. As of Wednesday I will be cat-sitting for three cats in two houses 16 miles apart. Gas prices in my area are upwards of four fifty a gallon. The number of posts I've published: 0.

The number of children my job will expand to include this week : One. The total number of children I'll be hanging out with then: Two. The number of train rides we will likely indulge in for the sole purpose of Riding! A! Train! this summer: scores. The number of peanut butter and jelly crusts I will absentmindedly munch on in the next few months: See previous entry.

Number of relatives in California: One brother(!). Number of movies watched this weekend (Wall-e and Hancock). Enjoyment factor for both of these films: 11 out of 10.

Number of fuzzy little peeps in the nest outside the back door: One, as far as I can tell. Number of times I've been loudly reprimanded by mama and papa bird for looking at fuzzy peep: Too many to count

Temperature in the bay area: Too high.

Number of daily headaches I've had in the last 10 days: 10

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Couldn't you just drop a kid at each cat-sitting house and leave them all to tend each other while you pop an aspirin and hit another movie?

l i s a said...

number of headaches received from all the numbers in your post: 1.

quick, lisa, go back and look at the cat picture!

gas is around $1.50/liter here. at approx 4L/gallon-->$6/gallon, that's enough to make me wonder why anyone in this city still drives. . .now i know it's because of cat and babysitting commitments.

so! zach is there! great.

Sitemeter