Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cloudy California

I am cold and grumpy. California has not been sunny for several days and I can't seem to stay warm or motivate myself to do anything useful after work. I think I have light-absorption issues. I get depressed when I don't see the sun for more than a day. What do they call that; SADD? Yeah, that's me.

Michael & I are making an Ikea run tonight (postponed from Sunday) to get some useful stuff like furniture. He was inordinately pleased and surprised that I did his laundy even though I'd told him I was going to- the new apt complex doesn't have in-unit washer/dryers, unfortunately. :P I'm hoping the bright flourescents and shiny cheap furnishings will perk me up.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Who do we know that has a fireplace? I vote for reading and hot chocolate by a fireplace. Like Friday. Or Saturday.

What kind of word verification is "cheweare" ??!!

jess said...

yes, that is exactly what I need!!! I have two fireplaces here but I don't think they're usable. :(

l i s a said...

have you tried taking vitamin D supplements? they're highly recommended around here (you know, where it rains 9 mo/year) for us SAD-prone types. seems to help.

Wonder-Rachel said...

Oh that's awesome. I'd forgotten all about that awesome shiny plastic furniture that seems to be in every laundry room on the planet. And I just left my last apartment three years ago! lol Good times.

Jocelyn said...

For me, IKEA *is* the sun.

Just go there and soak it up.

Christy said...

Hm, do they sell fireplaces at Ikea?
Hm, we have a outside fire pit thing but that isn't really the same.
I'll do some recon work...

Sitemeter