Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Zach and one of his roommates (my unofficial little brother, Mabi) hosted Thanksgiving yesterday at their house. A delightfully random sprinkling of fun people who don't have family in the area came. We all brought food and ate and talked and laughed and sat around soaking up the warmth from the fire until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

I missed the rest of my family, especially since times are hard for some of them right now and I hate that I'm far away and can't help. But I'm really grateful for Zach's presence and it's also a great thing to have such a great "family" here in my church community. I love that they instantly and wholeheartedly embraced my brother (Zach would say it's natural because he's so awesome. He's so modest, that boy :).

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

How *random* is it that you randomly came across my blog? In any case, thank you for stopping by, reading, and commenting. I appreciate it very much.

Enough about me.

"I am an enigma sitting on a quandary, steeped in a mug of mystery, shrouded by riddles, and wrapped in a slice of bacon."

This could very well be the most interesting sentence ever written.

And you could very well be the most captivating person who ever commented on my blog.

rudecactus said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Mabi said...

I'm in ur Thanksgiving, makin ur hamz. :D

Sitemeter