Link back to Amanda, who tagged you (What, she didn't tag you? Well link to whoever did)
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.
1) I am really, really shrimpy. Does this count as a quirk? I remember watching gymnastics in the 94(?) Olympics the year after I graduated from high school and seeing a little network aside during a lull in the action. It went something like this: "The average female gymnast is about 4'11'' and 90 lbs*. This is also the size of the average 12-year-old. This is also the size of YOU, Jessica L. Davenport, and don't you wish you had stayed in gymnastics so you could have a valid reason for being the size of a pre-adolescent?"
3) Ditto for alcohol. For some reason I like the taste of hard cider and if I'm really thirsty I can finish a Mike's Hard Lemonade in less than an hour, but anything else? I believe I have trademarked the look on my face after taking a sip of wine/beer/any kind of cocktail no matter how sweet and how little alcohol it contains- that friends have urged me to try because, "Surely you'll like this one!" For some reason I just can't taste anything over the alcohol and that tastes like someone is scraping my taste buds with a rusty saw blade dipped in pelican pee.
4) I read a lot. A freaky lot, like several books a week in general to a book (or more) a day**. When I was a kid my parents used to tell people, "Jessica doesn't read books, she eats & breathes them." I believe I might die in terrible agony if I had to live without the written word. I get nervous if I don't have at least one book with me at any given time and I usually have more because OMG, what if I finish that one and I don't have anything to read!!! This is true even when I'm going somewhere where the chances of me having time to read are practically nil.
5) I typically have at least as much fun playing as the kids I'm caring for. I've been known to build an elaborately long track with the wooden train set after the kids go down for a nap. I pretend to be all, "So they'll be able to play with it when they wake up." But really? I can't wait to get them to sleep so I can make the train track my way without any interruptions!! I could also spend all day making spaghetti out of playdough. This is the real reason I am a nanny.
6) I love to climb trees. When my brother moved in to his current house I immediately climbed a tree in the backyard just to make sure it was climbable. This was many
* I should point out that only the height is still true.
**The latter only happens when I have lots of time on my hands, which doesn't happen too often these days.I tag Katie, Amie, Mandy and anyone else who wants to participate. Consider yourself tagged (if, on the other hand, you think memes are annoying and wish to abstain, I won't be offended.)