Monday, January 26, 2009

File Under: General Suckitude

I'm trying not to put two whiny, I'm-so-sad posts up in a row. I know the youtube video is probably cheating but it's all I've got right now. Sue me.

Today I had a good day. Required a nap in the middle of it, which seems pretty standard these days. Not sure how I'm going to survive 10 hour days with an infant & 2.5 year old. Oh, did I mention I found a job? If you don't hear from me after February 9th, that's why. 

The day part is the only time it's good though. I dread nightfall like a... a... a person being stalked by vampires. Like Will Smith in that movie where he gets caught in the middle of zombie-overrun Manhattan when the sun is going down. Like... someone who's afraid of the dark? In any case, for whatever reason, my mood descends with the sun, and nightfall somehow takes the worst of what's just under the surface during the day and immerses me in it. I feel like I'm drowning every night. 

So, to conclude: love stinks. Avoid it at all costs. Also, nighttime stinks. Try to live somewhere you don't have to put up with it.


7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I agree heartily. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through til Sunday morning (real morning, not that 4 a.m. crap) because the dark alone nighttime felt so oppressive, but I couldn't sleep.

And, I remember the heartbreak like you're going through. I wouldn't do it again. Feelings are such a pain the ass.

Twenty Four At Heart said...

I hate nights too. I'm always so happy when daylight savings time returns and it stays light until 8 p.m. I need LIGHT!

flutter said...

any day now a little fluttery thing will land on your doorstep. It is out of love that it was sent, so love does not suck.

Christy said...

which job is it that you got/took??

Amanda in RI said...

Ah, Jess. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

l i s a said...

i think working with two short loud people is going to make you love nighttime. you may just discover that the monsters come out during the day:).

just please tell me you won't be working 10 hours a day 5 days a week.

i'm listening to joy williams right now (thanks to your f'book recommendation)--nice.

jess said...

Aww, Flutter... you're right. Love is o-kay.

Christy, the one w/an infant and the occasional toddler.

Thanks, Manda. Knowing you're there and caring helps. That sounds corny but I'm completely serious.

Lisa, no, mon-thurs, thank God. nad ypu're so right about the monsters coming out during the day! LOL :)

Wanna know what's funny? The Boudreaus just discovered FB and the music was a recommendation of Jodi's. So you can thank her. :)

Sitemeter