Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random Thoughts and Musings

Why do you think caffeine sometimes makes me all happy and buzzed and other times makes me lethargic and gives me heart palpitations (Mah lands, is it hot in heah?)? 

I am really tired of stabbing eye pain headaches. 

If you can't figure out how the last two random thoughts are connected, let me' splain. No, there is too much, let me sum up. Excedrin is my bestest friend in the whole world even when it just makes the pain retreat a little.

I love Anne of Green Gables. I miss the days when Christine and I used to pull down the shades and hunker down for an all day viewing of both of the Anne sagas. Gilbert. sigh

I worked for approximately four hours today and came home exhausted and in pain and fell asleep for three hours. I felt less tired but more lethargic when I woke up and the headache was coming back full-force. I start my new full-time job on Monday. Two days a week I will have an infant and a two year old, two days a week just the infant (at first at least). Four ten hour days plus a half hour commute each way. Am I crazy to think I can do this?

Michael and I have made our peace and I'm back to thinking he's the greatest guy ever. Just not the guy meant for me. I have no doubt that he's going to make someone very, very happy someday and I'll try not to be jealous and send her hate mail. I reserve the right to become sad and whiny again at any time but right now, I'm doing well.

I'm obsessed with the idea of moving to Oregon. Portland, specifically. I don't know if it will really happen and if it does it won't be for at least 4 months (my job ends in May) but it sure is fun looking at rentals on Craigslist. I'm weird that way.

I have runner's knee. Ha! 

Also, shoulder tendonitis.

I am approximately 80 years old.

I hope I don't live to be old because I can't imagine what it will be like if I feel this crappy now.

If I do though, I hope I'm fun to be with and not a burden. I'll unquestionably be poor so I'll either be living in a dumpster or sponging off of someone. It would be nice if I could at least be entertaining to my spongees or the other homeless people in the alley.

I had this exchange with a three year old the other day-

Boy (playing with trains): Shoot! *sidelong glance up at me* I said shoot.

Me: You did!

Boy: My train fell over. You say shoot when something falls over.

Me: Um hmmm.

Boy: *extra sidelong assessing glances up at me and a careful pause* You don't say fuckit. You say shoot.

Me: *strangling laughter* That's right, shoot is much better to say!





11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Darlin', first off: I'm sure I left you a ginormous THANK YOU for the glorious earrings a few days ago. I think I left it in a comment on a previous post...but maybe through an email?

Anyhoodle, they are amazing, and perfect strangers have stopped me to compliment me on them. I adore them and can't thank you enough.

As far as this post goes: I think you should move to Portland. It's a great city, and, um, people's knees feel better once they move there. Also, you are very busy acknowledging that Mike will find someone right for him someday, but the moment you know you're really over him and the relationship will be when you realize that YOU are now free to find someone perfect for you. He may have felt good, and being in a relationship may have felt good, but it can all be so much better, and you are actually lucky that now you have the chance to find someone where it's not work or pain but just easy love.

Kevin said...

Jess,

I have not been in contact with you for some time know, however, I have read your post and have to say you are still one of the most interesting people I have ever flown with! you with out question will find what you are looking for and land on your
feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin
Southwest

Angie Bailey said...

Hi - I ran across your blog - it looks like we have some similar interests! Great blog :)

Here's mine - take a look:
http://eclecticcatladyland.blogspot.com/

l i s a said...

wow, when it rains it pours (and i'm not even talking about portland).

where to start with the comments?

makes you wonder what the part A is to the "shoot" story, doesn't it?

really glad that you and michael have found some reconciliation.

the trick to not retiring to a career in dumpster diving is to continue to be the favorite aunt. i figure i can move back in with my sister when we're both elderly and broke and my nephew can take care of us.

work will be a big change. but you can do it. and if you hate it, it will be over in may. and if you want to move to portland, i'm thinking summer is the best time. then you'll love it before it becomes cloudy and overcast for nine months straight. (well, okay, if it's anything like vancouver, climate change may be making it colder but sunnier--hmm.)

hoping for another great post or two before monday's mayhem.:)

Stuce said...

That dialogue was with a three year old? Look out for him in the future, he's gonna own the world.
I'm excited to see where you end up one day, missy. I have a best bud in Portland. You'll be just another incentive to visit, should that be your next pit stop!

Gypsy Guru said...

Hehehe - I've always said I'd live to 126. We'll see (I've made it to 34 and counting so far...).

I love it when kids cuss and you don't have to reprimand them. I try not to scold my 4-yr.-old when he drops a 4-letter word if I can help it!

Right on - Portland works and house-hunting is always fun!

Gypsy Guru said...

And regarding #3 on your list of 100 things about jess - I'm very close to six feet tall, but never quite made it that extra little bit. That's what high heels are for!! :)

l i s a said...

Just wanted to wish you sweet dreams and an Excedrin-free night. We'll all be looking forward to work updates (but maybe next weekend when you've recovered?).

jess said...

Thanks, Lisa! It looks like I'm going to be bringing my laptop to work (email check ins- more convenient than phone calls apparently; works for me) so hopefully when the little chickies are napping I'll blog. If I'm not napping too.

Jocelyn- Did not!! But I still love you. :) I'm so glad you like them! Thanks for the good words. That would be something eh? An easy relationship? I wouldn't know how to function! Does Groomeo have any nice single friends?


Thanks, Kevin. Good to see you again! And ditto. ;)

seven said...

Wow, that 3-year-old it HILARIOUS.

seven said...

Oh! And Portland is a beautiful city. I live like 5 hours away, but I have siblings that live up there and I love visiting.

Sitemeter