Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Favorite Songs Right Now All Have Lyrics That MAKE NO SENSE

Is There A Ghost by Band of Horses. I'm a little in love with the lead singer's voice and even though there are less than 15 words in the entire song I could listen to it for days without getting tired of it. Josh gets credit for introducing me to this great band. Here's their website where you can watch the video for this song and others. Check out No One's Gonna Love You



Human by The Killers





The video's linked above but I can't embed it. Here's a purely audio version.



And yes, I know I'm a giant lame-o because I never post and I asked for suggestions and haven't even used any of them. I'm just... I don't know, stuck, lately? It's been a rough week, with too much emotional crap I'd thought long dealt with and other crap that I don't know how to deal with rising to the surface. I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety (like near-constant low-grade panic attacks) and I'm not sure if it's just due to emotional stress or if I should get checked out in case it's something the doctor could actually help with. In any case, music is all I can safely think/write about in such a public forum right now. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the suggestions though. I will use them eventually!

5 comments:

MoziEsmé said...

Relax... Seriously, take care of yourself. Hoping the anxiety goes away.

Jocelyn said...

Oh, I like that Band of Horses song--thanks for the intro to it! But could I give the lead singer a shave?

Honey, just feel better...and feel free to do any emotional vomiting you need to into blog posts. We're all good with anything.

Angie Bailey said...

I've just started listening to BOH. My husband has always liked them. It's funny -- I generally like songs first because of the sound and then I pay attention to the lyrics later. Sometimes when I hear the lyrics I either like the song more or less. There's a Joshua Radin song that I hated (even though I adore him), but after I saw him in concert and he explained the story behind the song, I really loved it. Funny how that is..

litabug said...

You know, I have a major thing for beards, but that beard? Yikes. :D

Oh, the panic attack feeling is horrible. It couldn't hurt to have them check your thyroid, pituitary, blood sugar, stuff like that. Then at least you might be able to take something. I hope you figure it out soon!

lixue said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://disturbialyrics.net

Sitemeter