Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Madeline died.

She was here and then suddenly, not. She survived an early birth and a harrowing first few months of life, only to succumb unexpectedly at 17 months. I can't think too deeply about what her parents must be feeling right now.

I knew her story but had not followed it too closely- too many blogs, not enough time- but I can't avoid the news of this loss. It's everywhere. This little corner of the internet is bleeding today.

The Spohr's blog is inaccessible right now, overloaded by traffic, and shut down until something can be done to get it up and running again. In the meantime, Maddie's parents have requested donations to The March of Dimes in her memory.

Look at this smile.



Dance with angels, Madeline Alice Spohr.

5 comments:

Amanda in RI said...

Jess, so sorry to hear this. Praying for this grieving family.

Midwest Mommy said...

My heart is just broken for this little girl I never met but fell in love with since I started blogging.

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby said...

Oh my gosh, this is just so heartbreakingly sad. I've never read this blog but I just looked at her photos and feel a connection, especially having a baby around the same age.

Angie Bailey said...

Wow -- that is incredibly sad. I can't even imagine what that family must be going through.

Sitemeter