Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mrs. Spit Stumps Me

Mrs. Spit's was kind enough to interview me, ages ago. I decided to answer her questions one at a time for fear that I'll never finish the post where I attempt to answer them all (also out of kindness to my readers, because I do tend to ramble on, and nobody has that long an attention span). Also completely out of order starting with this Anne of Green Gables question because it's the easiest:


2. Would you have forgiven Gilbert sooner than Anne did?

Hmmm, I don't know. Had he really done anything wrong (other than calling her Carrots, which I excuse because teenaged boys are just dumb and they can't help it)? I'd like to say I would have but I can definitely be as neurotic as Anne. For instance much of my life has been spent having fruitless crushes on boy-friends who are not interested in me. To clarify, it's not that I fall for the buddy types. It's that they only seem attractive to me after I've established that they will never actually pursue me. Relationships are so much safer if they never get started, don't you think?

To get back to the question at hand, when I'm watching the movie, I'm all for giving Gil a chance and it has nothing to do with that fact that he's cute because I am not shallow like that. Hardly. But I'm definitely at least as stubborn and neurotic as Anne so I probably would have had a torrid short-lived affair with that boring rich guy and ended up an alcoholic stupor in PEI's only insane asylum, ranting about Rollings Reliable baking powder and my lost chances with Gilbert.

2 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

I stumped myself. I couldn't remember asking you that question.

Good answer though.

Wonder-Rachel said...

I totally would have forgiven him sooner! I'm such a sucker for a handsome boy! hehehe

Sitemeter