Monday, May 11, 2009

Scrubs Series Finale *spoiler alert*

I'm a huge Scrubs fan. I haven't had access to tv + cable regularly enough for the last few years to have kept up with it, but I've watched the first three seasons on dvd in their entirety and watched the last few seasons piecemeal whenever I got the chance. I recently discovered that I could watch the latest episodes at work, where they have an On Demand subscription. Guess what I've been doing lately while Princess McChubbythighs* naps? 

In my opinion, there's very little on television that's as well put-together as this show. The acting is superb, the writing is hilarious but hits serious notes in all the right places, and the soundtrack is frequently excellent. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching and I'm grateful that the show is ending (I'm pretending that there are no rumors of a continuation of the series, as amazing as the rest of the cast is, it wouldn't be Scrubs without Zach Braff's character) on such a high note. There's nothing sadder than watching a show you love fight for life, long after it should have been taken off of life support. 

The final episode was perfect. Peter Gabriel's haunting cover of The Magnetic Fields' song Book of Love plays over a old-fashioned home video montage of JD's fantasy of the Sacred Heart gang's future. I've only watched this about 50 times today and I thought I should share the obsession with all of you lovely readers so that you too can avoid folding the laundry. Enjoy!


p.s. I LOOOOOOVE Peter Gabriel. Just thought you should know.

*NOM!!!

No comments:

Sitemeter