Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Got A New Haircut

Note: this used to be titled "I Got A New Haircut & My Boyfriend Beats Me" but I changed it because it suddenly didn't seem so funny when half of the google searches that brought people to my blog consisted of "My boyfriend beats me." I'm spoiled for being able to joke about something that's a serious issue for many women. Also it was kind of weird going back & reading posts about past relationships. Todd seconds that opinion. :)

 If you ended up here because your boyfriend beats you and you're looking for help, you'll find more of it at these links. but if you're afraid and don't know who to talk to and need a calm, listening ear, please please feel free to email me. My email address is on the profile page which is linked at the top right corner of this page. 


National Domestic Violence Hotline


Information that might help.

So my friend Kate cut my hair. She did an awesome job but she's still in training so it only cost ten dollars! Woot!!! If you want her to make you look beauteous too go The Academy for Salon Perfeshionals(this is not really the way they spell it) and ask for Kate Sempek. But hurry, soon she'll graduate and get a fancy salon job and then she'll be able to charge you way more.

Here's what it looks like:

That's birthday princess Amy with the tiara and mah dahling Bry on the other side. These gorgeous gals are two of my besties and we've been having an absolutely fabulous time hanging out this summer.

Today I'm rocking the pigtail look. I like the optional bang-i-ness of this haircut, when I get bored I can clip them up out of the way and be bang-less but it's been ages since I've had bangs so I'm having fun with them.

 Soundtrack for today (or- what I happen to be listening to): 







8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

He may apologize for those bruises now, but keep in mind that it's a vicious cycle, this business, and you two are only a step away from him leaving deeply wounding hickies on your neck (and elsewhere).

The haircut is adorable. Have you had a problem your whole life of people wanting to reach out and hug you? Cuz I'm hugging my monitor right now, and it's kind of weird.

l i s a said...

this is as good time as ever for him to learn that "no" means "no." or, that "Oh ha ha, ow stop it!" means "OH HA HA OW STOP IT!!!!"

that's the tricky thing about tickling in my experience. it makes me make laughing sounds, but those sounds should be not confused with the laughing sounds i make when i am actually laughing.

your pouting face is so realistically childlike, it's scary. i can't imagine where you learned that.

i can't believe you went climbing!

Anonymous said...

Cute Do! I love the bangs.
:)
L.C.

Jason, as himself said...

It's always hard to admit there is a problem!

Hair's looking good!

COMomma said...

Like the new hair!

Nana's Lady said...

Hey I have option bangs too! Nice bruises. I like your stamp collection on the wall.

Tine said...

I LIKE YOUR BANGS! (kind of Pedro-ish)
great posts - I'm laughing at your new relationship - sounds like a keeper! :)

tine

Christy said...

Wow 6 weeks without a post! Who have you become???!!!

Sitemeter