Saturday, October 16, 2010

30 Days of Truth, 5: Hope

Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.

I hope to serve God. I hope I hope to leave the world slightly better than I found it. I hope to magically get a publishing contract for a million dollars (just kidding! Kind of*). I hope in His unfailing love. I hope Daphne and Stone get to come to my brother's wedding in December. I hope their mother stops hating me. I hope I can learn to love her. I hope that we can cooperate in raising these two beautiful children. I hope it starts feeling like fall soon in Modesto. I hope that I'm right that nothing good is every truly lost or wasted. I hope  Todd stops smoking so I can keep him around to torment for many years. I hope that this world is not all there is; that sorrow last for a night but joy comes in the morning; that though now we see dimly through a darkened window, someday we will see the One who made us, face to face. I hope the next season of Doctor Who comes out on dvd soon. I hope nobody knows that I'm cheating by writing day 5 and 6 on day 4 and setting them to post while I'm away for the weekend panning for gold.

* Of course I am a true artist and scorn the idea of taking something as base as money for my work. I live on dewdrops and moonbeams. Todd, however, lives on Mountain Dew and Moon Pies, so the cash sure wouldn't hurt.

------------------- 30 Days of Truth--------------------

No comments:

Sitemeter