Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 14: I Made Up This Question, In Case You Couldn't Tell

Day 14 → Did you really hot glue seashells to the toilet? Also, how did you learn such mad decorating skillz. Did you go to school for that?


I really did it. They didn't stay there for long, of course, because the kids couldn't resist touching them and hot glue is useless on non-porous surfaces. But that's okay, because now I can dust and then glue them back on.

I am just naturally awesome at anything involving astheti esthetic things that look purty. It's like I was born with this gift. On the topic of decorated toilets, today Todd and I saw a clip of some weird web show involving very disturbed/disturbing people who were peddling their freaky Halloween-themed wares at some sort of show. One man had a sort of tattoos for toilets thing going on. His designs were completely gross (I mean, like, because they were supposed to be, not because he wasn't talented- it take a special kind of talent to specialize in painting fecal matter), but Todd immediately questioned why no one had thought of decorated toilets before. Within minutes we were hatching plans to start a decorated toilet business that would take the world of bathroom decor by storm. But it turns out that we're not really onto anything new. It doesn't seem to be catching on, but that's probably because that silly ceramics woman hasn't tried gluing seashells to the back of the toilet. Yet.

2 comments:

l i s a said...

I can't say much about toilet decorating. I have yet to decorate anything in my apartment.
However, let me say how nice it was to see "peddling" used in the right context. The president of our local bike path group always signs her e-mails "keep peddling." You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

jess said...

Lisa, that is awesome. And painful. I'm so sorry.

Sitemeter