Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 4: Forgiving

I don't want to brag, but I am a very forgiving person.

I have forgiven Todd for the time he brushed my hair with the cat brush, the 560,732 times he's jumped out from behind the door to scare the crap out of me, the times he put pillows under a blanket to make me think he was in bed and then jumped out at me from the bathroom, the other times he hid under the blankets so I would think he was a pile of pillows and then jumped out and scared me when I went and looked in the bathroom for him, the time he poured cold water on me in the shower, the time he surreptitiously tucked my skirt into my underwear under the guise of hugging me and then turned me around so my back was facing the children while grinning at me like a cheshire cat. I have forgiven him for the times he gave me "helpful criticism" on meal preparation instead of appreciating the fact that I was feeding him (it helps that he is a fast learner and responds well to angry eyebrows, tears, and phrases like, "Make your own damned dinner if you know how to do it so well!!"). I struggled mightily to forgive him when he told me I was a bossy woman but finally told him I would do it him if he just agreed to do whatever I tell him, all the time.

I have also forgiven him for the time he hid on the balcony and threw a cupful of water down on me while I was talking on the phone outside. In addition there's the time he locked me out on the balcony and then pointed and laughed through the glass door (it helped that I have also done that to him at least once). I am still struggling to forgive him for teaching the children "ninja skills" i.e. how to hide behind the door in order to jump out and scare the crap out of me, but luckily he is patient with my efforts. Truly, the man is a saint.



------------------- 30 Days of Truth-------------------

1 comment:

Libby said...

I love the jump out and scare you game but my kids don't and I have promised not to do it to them ever again after it has induced tears and "Mommy why would you do that to me?"
and Neil is way to hard to startle. He's got a sixth sense and always knows where/when I am hiding. So move to RI pleeaaase. I want to jump out and scare you too.

Sitemeter