Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh, My Heart

Oh internets, I am so sad. A wonderful woman whose kids I used to nanny for lost her battle with cancer today. Her daughters are in high school now and I'm so glad she had the extra years with them that treatment afforded her. But it's so heartbreaking to think of them without her, and their father, losing his best friend. It hurts more now that I know what they're losing. I can see why people would think being alone in the world is a better choice than loving people you might lose. I don't know how I would go on if I didn't believe that the end of this life is not the end, but the beginning of something far greater.

2 comments:

flutter said...

Oh I am so sad. Bless your sweet heart and may she rest well

Jocelyn said...

I am so sad, too--for you and for her family and because now I'm thinking of the families I used to nanny for who might experience the same thing. Take care.

Sitemeter