Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Merry

It is still Christmas right? Yeah, ok, less than an hour to go. Today was a good, good day. And the last weekend and months have also been good. Life has been hard at times, but also drenched in goodness so sweet that I can hardly taste the bitter. My brother got married. I have a tiny new niece. My perfect little oddball family had its first Christmas together. Also, I am back to not eating gluten. Which Lisa wants to hear about. Which I kind of want to write about because it's a big deal in my life right now, but also not because it's boring and slightly depressing since I haven't seen any benefits yet, just deprivation (Oh- the woe of her that cannot eat bread).

There's also lots of other more int'restin stuff that I want to tell you about* too but I can't find the time! I don't have a job right now and it seems to me that I should have time to do all kinds of things because I'm a New Englander, dammit and we work hard and get stuff done and are never behind and I guess that's why I never really fit in there, huh? I have to keep telling myself that this is my job right now, and I don't have to feel guilty because I'm not looking for work. Between laundry & making sure the the kids are properly fed/clothed & Christmas & traveling back and forth to San Jose & trying to fed three people a glutinous diet while avoiding it myself (or alternatively planning gluten free meals for four) & figuring out how this I-am-partnered-with-you-for-life-OMG-Yay!-WTF?!-wait-how-is-it possible-that-you're more-stubborn-than-I-am? & trying to organize/keep the house clean... I just don't seem to have a lot of free time these days. I probably could spend less time Facebooking though, *ahem.* Yes, it's a verb.

I will tell you all about it, I promise, just not right now. Right now I'm sick and severely sleep deprived and I need to go to bed. Goodnight, blogworld. And Merry Christmas.


*like examples of how the kids keep us rolling, either on the floor laughing, or our eyes in exasperation. Or how weird and cool it was to have so many of my family members in California for the wedding. Or how much I like Todd's mom and brother and how lucky I feel to have in-laws I genuinely want to hang out with. Or how God is trying to untwist something that's been twisted up way too tight in my heart for a long long time and how it's not a very comfortable process but I'm glad of it, because it's time. Or about the delightfully nerdy ('hem, I mean academic) theology blog I am currently obsessed with.  Or how squishy and warm and perfect my new niece is and how I can't decide if I love babies enough to have one that I can't give back when I get bored but I sure do like having the loaners in the meantime.

1 comment:

l i s a said...

Hey, I was just giving suggestions because you said you had nothing to write about. (And I am always interested in talking about food weirdnesses.)

Sitemeter