Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three years ago this month my friend's little boy drowned in a swimming pool. He was four years old. Three years and two weeks ago I went to his funeral and watched as a tiny white casket was lowered into the ground. That image will stay with me until my dying day. It shouldn't happen. Ever.

Yesterday my friend's little boy drowned in a swimming pool. He was five years old. He was resuscitated but his brain had been deprived of oxygen for too long. They lost him this morning.

I am so furious and heartbroken and frustrated right now. I want to hurt someone. Two of the most amazing mothers I know have had a child taken from them. I believe God is in control but I also believe He's big enough to handle my anger and my questions. I can't even begin to imagine how much pain my friends Susannah and Jim are in right now.  I would storm heaven or hell and beat someone up to make this right for them if I could.

7 comments:

l i s a said...

Hey, Jess-

I was just about to message you on Facebook that I knew this would be especially hard for you since your friends the Lambies had the same thing happen years ago. And then I saw this in my reader. So sorry--you know there are no words for this.

Christy said...

So sorry Jess! Praying for them and all that know them.

Michelle Roebuck said...

Days like these try to break your heart and crush your spirit - and through your questions you will find yourself growing rather than contracting.

Love aplenty for your sweet friends, enduring their unendurable loss (with plenty leftover to salve your wounded heart, too), because words will never quite do the trick.

Hugs.

jen said...

thinking of you....i'm speechless and can only pray that god somehow gives them and everyone else that is hurting due to this tragedy some sort of peace and comfort....????

Stuce said...

Jess, I wish we could give each other a hug right now. As much as my broken heart cries out to hug my son again, the strangest thing is that the Lord has never felt closer. You truly empathize with people, so I am going to pray God sends this His peace to you. (((((Jess))))))

jess said...

Thank you, my dear Stuce. Don't worry, me n' God are okay. It's a measure of my trust in His sovereignty that I can rage at Him when I'm in pain and know He still loves me.

Stuce said...

That He does and I know His grace will cover us should our grief find us there

Sitemeter