Saturday, January 21, 2012

"One of Those Days" Describes Too Many of Mine Lately.

Oh hello, Anxiety, how have you be- AAAHHHHHH WE"RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!....

I'm coming apart at the seams. I am on edge all the time. Todd is wonderful and the kids are perfect (except when they leave a banana in their backpack for an indeterminate length of time and then pull out a library book dripping with very old, very slimy banana sludge and say with a confused look, "I don't know how this happened.") and overall life is pretty good right now. It's just that there is this hand gripping my heart that won't let go. I feel panicky and worried all the time. When I dream it's unpleasant. Even the not-bad dreams are bad.


UPDATE: I stopped drinking caffeine. Much better now. 


5 comments:

jess said...

I am a moron.

l i s a said...

Jess? How are you doing today?

jess said...

Eh, more depressed than anxious but mostly good. :) Had a rockin' time doing art in Stone's class this morning. It was all fun & games until Stone yelled out really loudly, "Shake what yer momma gave ya!!!" in the middle of a song.

l i s a said...

Ah, yes! The stage before he's embarrassed about his parental figures, while he shamelessly and unselfconsciously embarrasses them. But you secretly loved it, didn't you? ;)

Glad you're hanging in there during a difficult time. It will get better, I think. And sorry about your ring and what that meant to you.

Jocelyn said...

ugh. I really hope cutting out caffeine is the thing that makes a difference. May it have a doable answer. Nebulous bad feelings are so much suck.

Sitemeter